~~~ TEXAS HISTORICAL MARKERS ~~~

ACHC Chairman of the Marker Committee, Jimmy Ray Odom, proudly shows the Micham Main marker. Located on the east side of the Anderson County Courthouse, it honors the man who named the city of Palestine, after his beloved hometown of Palestine, Crawford County, Illinois. It was dedicated in March, 2002.
This marker, located at the corner of Spring and Oak Streets, was dedicated May 2005. It commemorates when the Railroad came to Palestine and Anderson County in 1872.

Thanks to
Eve's Graphic Gallery
Web Page by
dobruce@swbell.net
updated 15 Apr 2009 ~ dob